My Company Has a Foreign Entity Where I Would Be Willing to Work for at Least One Year

by Elizabeth Brettschneider

Another longer-term option for some foreign nationals whose US petitioner has a foreign affiliate, subsidiary, or parent office abroad could be the L-1 visa. The L-1 is for those holding managerial, executive, or specialty knowledge positions for a foreign entity for at least one year and whose employer wishes to transfer them to the US branch office. If a US petitioner is willing to have the foreign national work in the office abroad in a position that fits one of the definitions above for at least a year, the L-1 could be an option in a year’s time.

Go Back >